my site placement is......drum roll...in the magnificent Altiplano! A small little town in the middle of the highest inhabited place in the world....honestly, i dont know much about it, but ill visit next week, so i can tell you more then. Not too many people end up in the highlands, I´d guess 80 percent go to Santa Cruz area and beyond, which include hot desert (Chaco) and also valley regions and Tarija is Argentinian wine country....but, I´ll be living it up with the clouds and llamas and the lack of vegetation up there. I´m excited, it will be a challenge and I´m ready. Of course, I´ll fill in the details after I visit it next week, but thought I´d let you know in case there is any lurking information about THE high plain on the web.
We had a small parrillada at the training center today and threw darts at a spinning wheel of balloons (a joke that they pick our sites with darts and a map) but each balloon had a person´s name and site placement in it.
but, besides that...im heading home to do laundry in the sun. its starting to get colder here, just like its turning spring-time up north. oh, and shout out to mckin: i got your package today, and i absolutely LOVE it, it is going on the wall immediately and im going to savor the messages over time. thanks!!!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! I was worried it wasn't going to make it so I scanned all the pages and the whole wall hanging deal, but I am glad you have it now! And congratulations on your Atiplano placement!
since i'm a small child, the first thing i researched was lake poopo. i looked at some satellite images and learned that 'a hardy race of people' once lived there. i think you're pretty hardy. and handy. i'm trying to think of something really clever to say because bree's been bragging about our blog hilariousness in content and in comments and, well, it's sort of a lot of pressure. congratulations on finding the placement. i'm going to show up mckin soon with an even better thing. love you.
i will probably not be showing mckin or carrie up with a cooler thing...because ive never sent anyone anything cool in the mail in my entire life. man. i will try, i will try hard. i just have no self-confidence in my package sending skills. i did write you a letter last week...maybe ill actually mail it...just as a little step to boost my confidence before the next mail thing i attempt. one day. im glad you have the rest of the fj for packages...cause i suck at it
Post a Comment